If you’re preparing for your AKT exam and struggle with stats, this is for you!
Listen to a 2 minute sample
The statistics section is a challenging area to revise so we have condensed material into a (just under) 2 hour audiobook. It aims to simplify key stats principles with easy-to-follow examples, allowing your confidence with statistics to grow.
From forest plots to risk calculations, from types of research to types of bias, from screening tables to funnel plots – we’ve got it all!
🗣 “So useful! Somehow understand graphs without seeing them!”
🗣 “Brilliant resource! Hated stats before this”
🗣 “Really simple to understand, couldn’t have got my stats score without this”
What is covered:
👉 CHAPTER 1 – Basic Stats Principles
1) Basic numbers (Mean, Mode, Median, Range)
2) Distribution of results
3) Standard deviation
👉 CHAPTER 2 – Research Theory
4) Types of data collection
6) Research hierarchy
7) Observation studies (Cohort, Case-control, Cross-sectional)
8) Interventional studies (eg Randomised-control trials)
9) Randomisation and blinding
10) Parametric vs Non-parametric tests
11) P values and significance
12) Systematic reviews vs Meta-analysis
👉 CHAPTER 3 – Graphs
13) Bar charts
15) Scatter plots
16) Box plots
17) Forrest plots
18) Confidence intervals
19) Funnel plots (including publication bias)
20) Cates diagrams
👉 CHAPTER 4 – Calculations and Equations
21) Odds vs Risk
22) Odds ratios and Risk ratios
23) Absolute risk reduction
👉 CHAPTER 5: Miscellaneous Statistics
26) Hazard and hazard ratios
27) Reliability and validity
28) Type 1 and type 2 error
29) Incidence and prevalence
30) Mortality rates
31) Clinical audit
32) Screening in UK (including Wilson’s criteria)
33) Prevention (1, 2 and 3)
36) Grounded theory
👉 CHAPTER 6: Screening Tables
40) How to construct a table
41) Sensitivity and specificity
42) Positive and negative predictive values
43) Calculations simplified
Download to phone or tablet
Listen anytime, offline or online
No expiry, unlimited listens
Free updates as they release
* No real AKT questions discussed.
* Designed to be used alongside AKT preparation material eg questions banks, background reading.
* Not for medical advice – to be used solely as a revision aid for medical exams.
After purchase, you will receive a link at the bottom of the purchase confirmation email – clicking this will allow you access and listen online or offline via a mobile podcast app.