How to completely dominate your GP Training years…
If you’re a GP trainee or preparing to be one soon, this audiobook is for you!
Listen to a 6 minute sample
Designed and created to listen on the go, this 2 hour audio exposes you to 51 key ideas and principles that can transform your GP training years.
🗣 “So Inspiring!”
🗣 “Some excellent ideas… really made me think!”
🗣 “Practical and motivating – will definitely use lots of these!”
As with most things in life, you tend to get out of GP training what you put into it. If your aim is to simply complete training and become a GP, this will likely be achieved (and is by no means a small accomplishment) – but have you taken advantage of all opportunities available to you? Your GP training years make up a small but hugely important passage in your life. Do you want to look back in the years to come and wonder if you could have done more?
You are preparing to enter one of the most fascinating careers in medicine. It is one full of diversity, opportunity, challenges and rewards – one that tends to become part of the way we live our life. This audiobook shares with you some key ideas, tips and principles for making your GP training period the most fulfilling, positive and exciting time as possible.
Having been a trainee myself fairly recently (and now looking back wondering if I made the most out of my own training), these principles aim to inspire belief and confidence, demonstrating that what you do, how you think and how you are at work, have a huge influence on your ongoing career, as well as the person and GP that you ultimately become.
✔️ Download to phone or tablet
✔️ Listen anytime, offline or online
✔️ No expiry, unlimited listens
✔️ Free updates as they release
What is covered?
1. Take responsibility for your own training.
2. Be a sponge.
3. Learn off the difficult ones.
4. 3 mini-goals a day.
5. Get noticed for your attitude.
6. Aim for more than mandatory.
8. Follow-up someone each week.
9. Get there on time.
10. Contribute in every job.
11. Read medical regularly.
12. Use your inner mirror.
13. Arrange assessments yourself.
14. Be inquisitive.
15. Learn from the ones that go wrong.
16. Develop a power study group.
17. Ask for what you want.
18. Make the most of technology.
19. Explore your portfolio.
20. Maximise the first half.
21. Make your PDP truly personal.
22. Make an effort with your practice manager.
23. Get ahead with statistics.
24. Get involved.
25. Don’t be afraid of ARCP .
26. Understand the assessments.
27. Don’t just treat the numbers.
28. Have patience with patients.
29. 3 questions a day.
30. Be efficient in responding.
31. Attend a leadership course.
32. Don’t always follow the crowd.
33. Write down the ones that you’re worried about.
34. Learn to say no gracefully.
36. Always look for opportunities.
37. Keep your CV up-to-date.
38. Maximise your study budget.
39. Respect your limits.
40. Visualise being a GP .
41. Sometimes go the extra mile.
42. Look to increase your value.
43. Try not to take work home.
44. The power of routine.
45. Develop a thick skin.
46. Use your travel time.
47. Get ahead with out-of-hours.
48. Make the first move.
49. Deal with things there and then.
50. Know your profession.
51. Be resilient.
* Not for personalised advice – suggestions to be used alongside discussion with relevant trainers and supervisors.
🎧 Other Arora GP Training Audiobooks:
✔️ Arora GPST1 / GPST2: 50 Key GP Presentations
✔️ Arora AKT Clinical On-the-Go
✔️ Arora AKT Statistics On-the-Go
✔️ Arora AKT Admin On-the-Go
✔️ Arora Medical Explanations On-the-Go
✔️ Arora CSA On-the-Go
🎧 After purchase, you will receive instructions from Awesound on how to stream securely online (via Awesound.com), or listen offline via a mobile podcast app.